Circus in Education
Current School Workshop and projects
Qualified and DBS checked tutors with equipment and full insurance
Specialist workshops and shows :
Examples included below or we can tailor workshops to your requirements and curriculum…
1. Mime and mask
3. Juggling and diabolo
4. Trapeze and rope techniques (rigging required)
5. Bringing your clown out to play
6. Slapstick and physical comedy.
7. Carnival puppet construction (home grown willow)
8. French taught with mime and projected grammar
9. Physics taught with interactive circus show
Our specially trained team of tutors can be booked to visit your school and deliver our unique one day program.
Benefits of our training are:
* Personal Development – Through developing personal development skills such as confidence, team working and teaching the processes of learning our community circus projects contribute to developing the employment and educational prospects.
* Social issues – These projects can also be effective in addressing deeper social problems such as crime through engaging and distracting young people who might otherwise be engaged in destructive tendencies. The perceived danger of circus skills make our activities very effective at reaching young people who are disinterested in many activities and disengaged with school.
*Education – Our workshops can help young people develop their understanding of the processes of learning. For example through breaking down seemingly impossible or difficult tasks such as juggling into small achievable steps young people begin to realise how to learn more complex tasks. This process can then be applied to other areas of learning. Through developing participant’s confidence about their ability to learn and achieve, they are more likely to access other forms of learning later on.
* Employment – Performances can raise awareness of the “world of work” and through performance students can learn how to present themselves to employers
* Health – Circus is a physical activity and we promote healthy eating and nutrition, as well as emotional well being.